Who is the True Enemy in The Burning Crusade
Part 1 of this small mini-series had explained about the general beginnings of one of the game’s godly villains – The Mad Titan, Sargeras.
This time around, we will take a closer look at one of his demonic sergeants who is seemingly the one pulling the strings in WoW: The Burning Crusade Classic (TBCC) – Demon Lord, Kil’jaeden.
- Kil’jaeden used to be a malevolent leader of the Eredar race, along with Archimonde (another soon-to-be Demon Lord) and Velen (future leader of the Draenei).
- After being contacted by Sargeras, both Kil’jaeden and Archimonde fell to the temptation of unlimited power offered by The Mad Titan.
- Refusing the offer, Velen had saved a handful of his Eredar people from the dark influences that were to come from Sargeras’ control, and fled together with them from the world Argus, renaming themselves as the Draenei.
- This act of ‘treachery’ in Kil’jaeden’s eyes made him forever angry with his former best friend, and he had mercilessly tracked the Draenei for thousands of years to unleash his wrath upon them.
- Kil’jaeden is a major contributor to many of the events which happened in WoW, leading up to the culmination of the Dark Portal reopening in TBCC.
- Among his machinations was the dreaded transformation of the Orc’s revered shaman, Nerzhul, into the wicked Lich King, the manipulation of Gul’dan into being one of his most powerful pawns, and the near annihilation of the Kingdom of Azeroth through his corrupted Orc armies.
- In TBCC, he is the main puppeteer behind most of Illidan’s actions against the Alliance.
- Although Illidan was a remarkable combatant and sorcerer, Kil’jaeden’s powers greatly outmatched his, and the Demon Hunter wholeheartedly knew it.
- Illidan had accepted that the only way to defeat Kil’jaeden and his minions are by way of subterfuge and unmistakably, treachery against The Deceiver himself.
- This is seen after Illidan managed to conquer Outland upon failing to destroy the Lich King as per Kil’jaeden’s command, The Demon Lord had come to him to seek retribution but ultimately decided against it to allow him to repent by slaying Arthas, the new Lich King.
- In reality, this is only a way for Illidan to continue plotting against his master for a bit longer, even if it meant allying himself with Kil’jaeden in the process.
- In Kil’jaeden’s mind, he still saw opportunities to use The Illidari’s forces against his enemies, and had even made moves to corrupt one of Illidan’s strongest allies, Kael’thas Sunstrider.
- After successfully tempting Kael’thas with the power to save the Blood-Elves from their lust of magic, Kil’jaeden plotted with the Prince of Quel’Thalas to use the Sunwell as a portal for him to finally be transported into Azeroth, hoping to finally conquer the world by himself.
If you’re looking for more WOW TBC Classic gold, be sure to check out GoldPiles now to enjoy massive deals and discounted prices today!
WOW classic gold